I am a second-year PhD student in the Natural Language Processing group at George Mason University; advised by Dr. Ziyu Yao.
My research revolves around the field of Information Extraction, where I delve into extracting event-specific information from a wide array of sources, including emails, sentences, and documents. My ultimate goal is to contribute to the development of a versatile machine learning system capable of retrieving event-specific details from unstructured text and presenting them in a structured format, facilitating seamless further processing.
Prior to my journey at GMU, I earned a master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology - Patna. Additionally, I obtained a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Uttar Pradesh Technical University. I have also served as an NLP researcher at Tata Research from 2017-2021.
In my free time, I make music for violin and piano. I enjoy the outdoors, particularly badminton and mountains.
- Natural Language Processing: Event Extraction, Generative AI, Prompt Engineering, Semantic Parsing, Question-Answering
- Machine Learning: Continual Learning
- Jan. 2022 - Present: Graduate Research Assistant - George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
- Dec. 2020 - Dec. 2021: Researcher - I.T. Analyst, Tata Research (New Delhi)
- Sep. 2017 - Dec. 2020: Researcher - Systems Engineer, Tata Research (New Delhi)
- May. 2016 - Jul. 2016: Research Intern - Tata Research Design and Development Centre (Pune)
- Jun. 2013 - Aug. 2013: Systems Intern - Hypatia Software Solutions (Varanasi)
Program Committee Member
NeurIPS 2023 - Thirty-seventh Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems
Honors and Awards
- Best Machine Learning Hack - University Of Maryland, College Park
- Best Use of CockroachDB serverless - University Of Maryland, College Park
- Institute Silver Medal - Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Institute Proficiency Award - Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Best Project Award - Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Honors in Computer Science and Engineering - Uttar Pradesh Technical University
Powered by Jekyll and Minimal Light theme.